Just as perfect as the occasion itself is, a scrumptious yet appealing cake needs to be the centre of this love-filled affair. Valentine’s day is just a few days away from us, so if you want to surprise your Valentine with some appealing and appetising cake, then we have something for you. Why not, this Valentine’s day you give a try at baking a sweet kisses cake? Seems quite an interesting idea, doesn’t it?
We are pretty sure all these years you might have chosen to order cake online in Bangalore or wherever that you are residing to celebrate your Valentine’s day with your Boo. But it’s time to shower some sweet kisses over him/her as you choose to bake Valentine’s day special cake to pamper him/her. Try out this stunning cake recipe of a pretty pink cake which has been topped up with pink ombre buttercream and topped with chocolate Xs and Os. Also, there are some kissy lip and heart decorations all over the sides and filled with layers of red velvet, all of which is sure to leave your Valentine drooling over this cake.
One can try baking this cake with even Swiss meringue icing or an American style buttercream. But our personal favourite was to go with a basic crusting buttercream. Before you start with this recipe, you need to have regular chocolate or red velvet cake ready. You will find any of these two kinds of cakes online over some website. Okay, enough talking about the cake! Let’s dig deep to know what we need to do and how we need to bake this cake.
Things That You Will Need:
- 6″ Round Layer Cake
- Pink Gel Paste
- Red Candy Coating
- Pink Candy Coating
- X Shaped Sucker Mold
- O Shaped Sucker Mold
- Mini Lips Mold
- Large Heart Sprinkles
- Sucker Sticks
Let’s Start Baking!
- Start by baking a regular red velvet cake. If red velvet is not your choice, we would suggest you go with a rich, chocolate cake. Divide them into equal cake layers.
- Now take your favourite buttercream frosting. Now divide this frosting into three portions and three of your favourite colours, for e.g., something like light pink, dark pink and white.
- Place one each colour of frosting in a separate piping bag. Cut the opening of the piping bag about ½” wide.
- Now stack up the cake layers by filling each of them with buttercream frosting. Lock in the crumbs by coating the exterior with a thin layer of frosting. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes.
- Now using your piping bags make rings around the cake with a layer of frosting. Start to frost the cake from the bottom using the darkest shade of the frosting. Then fill the top of the cake with the lightest shade of the frosting.
- Use a spatula and swipe out the frosting, removing the excess of the buttercream as you swipe it across the frosting layers. Make sure to heart your spatula under very, very hot water and then dry it completely before you start frosting the cake.
- Now pour some red and pink coloured candies in microwave-safe two separate bowls. Melt them as you stir it frequently. Make sure you don’t overheat the candies.
- Once this is done, place this melted candy syrup in a piping bag and start filling the kissy lips moulds. After you have filled the mould, freeze it for about 15 minutes or so.
- Then fill the XOXO mould with the liquid candy mix. And similarly, freeze it thereafter.
- Make some tiny red hearts with the candy mix. Make sure to give these decorations enough time to harden up before you place it over your cake.
- Now start decorating your cake by topping up with these edible decorations. And you’re done!
So, this is how to bake a sweet kisses Valentine’s day special cake by pouring all your love, sweetness and quality ingredients in it. Make sure to share this heartwarming cake recipe with your baking enthusiasts friends, and family members too.
Suggested Reads: 5 Tips How to Choose the Best Dessert
Now that you have read this recipe, gear up with your preparations to stun your Valentine with this romantic cake. Hit the supermart in search of these baking ingredients, don your pastry chef’s hat and get set for Vday baking!
Have A Happy Valentine’s Day You All!